Tuesday, March 12, 2013

What A Nightmare!

Left work with an hour to get my ass in my seat.

Picked up my teenager from a friends house on the way.

left her in the lobby of the school so the hubs could grab her on his way home

ran down a long ass hall and up two flights of stairs

did I mention I haven't found a book bag yet? so I'm carrying my books and purse.. yeah. fun

I squeeze my jiggly bits into my seat with two minutes to spare! woohoo!!

I catch my breath just in time to see two teachers.. and lots of other students from a previous class already working. on their class.

five or ten minutes later.. one of the teachers addresses us and informs us it's orientation.. five minutes later.. it's over..
she doesn't care if we're perfect. as long as we try. we have to be there every day. or let her know. or the other one. or something.
we have to get our immunizations asap. eek!
but I don't have to get a flu shot!!! whew!!! I am going to protest this one as long as humanly possible.. more on that one later..

we're on our own.
to learn basically two chapters.
and test on them. on the handy dandy computers they have in the room.
and get above an 80%
in less than 3 hours.

and all the while there is lots of talking. and noise. and some kid whistling. I almost threw my book at him.
I can't focus with noise. ugh! this sucks ass.

what I learned was this.
I paid $400 to sit in a classroom for three hours, four nights a week. I am going to teach myself. If I have a question on something I can ask one of the teachers sitting at her desk.
I have to read and KNOW basically two chapters in this three hour time and test on it and get above an 80%
I have a few weeks to do this and then on to clinicals.
Where I get to PICK MY OWN SCRUBS!!!! (with long sleeves of course)
Know how excited I am bout that??
pretty damn excited!
It might even out the fact that I am going to wipe old asses.
ok. probably not.
but it will help some.

What the hell did I sign up for??!!


No comments:

Post a Comment