Friday, March 22, 2013

Trucking along

I've got a few tests down..

1 intro to the health care system and nursing assistant 80%
2 intro to the language of health care 89.3%
3 communication 90.5%
4 those we care for 77 :( retake 100% yay
5 infection control 90.5%
6 safety 82%
7 positioning, transferring, and exercises 93.8%
8 patient environment 88.9 %
9 vital signs and oxygen 87.9 %
10 patient hygiene and grooming 97.1 %
11 preventing pressure ulcers and rehabilitation and restorative care 85%
12 basic nutrition and digestion 92.9%

so my average test scores are 87.9
I have to have a 85 to pass the class..

but the instructor informed us that everyone gets a 100 % on clinicals and 100% on final skills. so that will bump up my scores to 95 not including the next tests I have.. as long as I score above 80 on every one, I will pass!
whew!!

I am more than half way through now.. after two weeks!
I am ready to start taking vital signs...eeee!
I ordered my stethoscope and bp cuff this morning..
I might as well do vitals in style, no?

I think it will go well with my zebra scrubs :)

I get a break from class for a few days.. we have Fridays off.. and Monday off for some reason or another.. so I get a chance to study for my accuplacer in Math so I can test out of Algebra 950 for nursing pre-reqs. cross your fingers.. I take that Monday.. I took the day off work so I can cram :)
also, I am getting another tatt on my arm to almost finish up my sleeve.. you can see pics on my other blog. It is going to go up to my collarbone and maybe down my back. idk. we'll see what happens.

have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment