Monday, April 22, 2013

Oh man!

My body is aching!

seriously, like got ran over by a mac truck, dragged down the street by angry pomeranians, kicked by two year old's having tantrums aching.

yeah.

I'm tired.

and I only had one day of clinicals.

*whine*

ok..

whine over.

I had a blast!

other than the two hours of sleep I got the night before because I put my meds in my pocket instead of taking them.

uh hem

but bright er, dark n early Saturday morning my class buddies n I partook eh? in our first clinical rotation at the local nursing home. Which I happened to live across the street from before we bought our home. And I knew the CNA in charge of us! rock on dude

The CNA instructor is completely blind and totally amazing. totes.

she went over some things. talked about some skills. encouraged us  then sent us on our lil way for the day.

I was teamed up with my new besty from class..
and under the direction of our momma duck.. she called us her little ducklings.. cute no?

we learned. we changed beds. we changed briefs. I cried a little. seriously. I did.

the cutest people were in the house that day. I wanted to hug them all and take them home. for reals.

one example is Mrs. E. she probably has dementia.. we weren't told.  but she didn't know why she was there or even where she was.
but she told me several times I was the nicest person she had ever met. I told her she was my favorite person ever. That's allowed right?
But she made me cry when I asked her one time what she was doing.. she said she didn't know. she truly didn't know why she was in the hall. I could see this in her heart. and it broke mine.
tough.


but it was a great day. I don't know how cna's do it.. but I'm getting there.

I have a job interview at the care center I first went to. eee!

they can hire me without being certified as long as I get it within 90 days.. so I have an interview Tuesday.
tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment