Thursday, April 25, 2013

And we go crazy.... now!

we, being the new student cna's, had our first "bad" experience at clinicals the other night..

I say bad but I mean. er, bad. yeah.

we walk out of the "meeting room" into the hall to track down our CNA's we're assigned to "shadow and help" for the night.
Immediately we get this:
two turn and walk the other way as if they didn't see us.
one drops the s bomb because "she really didn't want to be bothered today"
and one, who I happened to be "following" actually yelled some profanities and walked as fast as humanly possible away from me.

what a warm welcome.

not taking it personally. as much as possible. we proceeded to catch up to our "leaders"
well. It took me about half an hour to find mine after he hid in the kitchen or something.

the rest of the night was oh so much better.

we were treated like assholes. for reals.

now, I am not a high school student.. which I've heard they don't like so much. but seriously people. they don't deserve to be treated like that either.

for eight hours I spent most of which trying to locate my cna, then after finding him, trying to catch up.

still not taking it personally. much.

I did not learn anything I didn't already know. other than not how to treat students wanting to help you with your job in any way, shape, or form possible to make your life easier.

my cna barely said two words to me directly in the eight or so hours I was at the facility.
yeah. that was very comforting.

I know, as nursing, and medical staff, we need to have thick skins. but this was messed up.

one cna actually told a new resident's family students bother her. in front of us.
professional, no?

I just hope they are informed of their assholeness way after we are done with clinicals so next time, we aren't treated worse.


on a good note.. I was just offered a CNA position by the first facility I had clinicals at. woohoo!
graveyards. two nights a week. go me!

as long as I get my certification within 90 days, I'm good!

I start training in a couple weeks. Just after school starts.

coffee and xanax anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment